Trump says U.S.-Iran talks are underway in two stages: Hormuz reopening and denuclearization

Trump says U.S.-Iran talks are underway in two stages: Hormuz reopening and denuclearization

N
News Editor
2026-08-03 21:48:25
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Aug. 3, local time, that talks with Iran are currently underway, outlining a two-stage framework centered first on reopening the Strait of Hormuz and then on denuclearization. Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said Washington’s position remains firm that Iran cannot possess nuclear weapons. He also disclosed what he described as progress in talks related to the waterway, saying the Strait of Hormuz could reopen as early as tomorrow at the latest. Trump added that the negotiations were initiated at Iran’s request and are being carried out with support from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and several other countries. Trump further said the United States had been prepared to launch a major strike on Iran, but that Iran, along with Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Qatar, reached out by phone. According to Trump, Iran then sought talks focused on the strait issue. He also said, “This is Iran’s last chance,” and stated that he would not allow Iran to charge vessels passing through the Strait of Hormuz. The report was cited from China Media Group.

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Aug. 3, local time, that talks with Iran are currently underway.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said the negotiations would move forward in two stages. The first stage is reopening the Strait of Hormuz, and the second is denuclearization. He said the U.S. position is firm and that Iran cannot be allowed to possess nuclear weapons.

Trump also described progress in negotiations related to reopening the Strait of Hormuz. He said the waterway could reopen as early as tomorrow at the latest.

He added that the talks were launched at Iran’s request and are being conducted with support from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and several other countries.

Trump also said the United States had originally been prepared to carry out a major strike on Iran, which he described as stronger than any previous attack, but Iran called first. He said Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Qatar also called. According to Trump, Iran did not want to be hit and asked for talks focused on the strait.

Trump said, “This is Iran’s last chance.” He also said he would not allow Iran to charge fees to ships passing through the Strait of Hormuz.

The report cited China Media Group as the source.

This article was originally published by Bit.Fan. For more cryptocurrency news and market insights, visit www.bit.fan.
620

Disclaimer:

The market information, project data, and third-party content displayed on this platform are for industry information sharing only and do not constitute any form of investment advice or return commitment.

Cryptocurrency trading carries high risks. Users should fully assess their risk tolerance and make independent decisions. All profits, losses, and legal responsibilities are borne by the users themselves.