Iran Says Strait of Hormuz Is Closed, U.S. Central Command Rejects Claim

Iran Says Strait of Hormuz Is Closed, U.S. Central Command Rejects Claim

N
News Editor
2026-07-31 16:25:14
Iran’s “Persian Gulf Strait Management Authority” said earlier on July 31 that the Strait of Hormuz could no longer function normally, citing what it described as continued aggressive actions by the U.S. military in nearby waters. Later the same day, U.S. Central Command said the claim was false. The command said the Strait of Hormuz remains open to commercial shipping and added that Iran does not control the waterway. It also said thousands of vessels have passed through the international route over the past four months. The update was carried by CCTV and cited by BlockBeats on Aug. 1.

BlockBeats reported on Aug. 1, citing CCTV, that U.S. Central Command said on July 31 local time that “the Iranian government has once again claimed that it has closed the Strait of Hormuz, and this is false.”

U.S. Central Command said “the Strait of Hormuz remains open to commercial shipping. Iran does not control the strait,” adding that “thousands of ships have transited this international waterway over the past four months.”

Earlier on July 31, Iran’s “Persian Gulf Strait Management Authority” said in a statement that the Strait of Hormuz was no longer able to operate normally because of what it described as continued aggressive actions by the U.S. military in nearby waters.

This article was originally published by Bit.Fan. For more cryptocurrency news and market insights, visit www.bit.fan.
630

Disclaimer:

The market information, project data, and third-party content displayed on this platform are for industry information sharing only and do not constitute any form of investment advice or return commitment.

Cryptocurrency trading carries high risks. Users should fully assess their risk tolerance and make independent decisions. All profits, losses, and legal responsibilities are borne by the users themselves.