SpaceX Founder Musk Refuses Ukraine's Use of Starlink to Strike Russia

SpaceX Founder Musk Refuses Ukraine's Use of Starlink to Strike Russia

N
News Editor
2026-08-08 04:14:33
SpaceX founder Musk has declined to allow Ukraine's military to use Starlink to strike targets inside Russia, according to a report from CCTV News. U.S. sources said Musk made the decision on Aug. 7, and that former Ukrainian defense minister Fedorov, who had pushed for the move and attempted to contact Musk privately, was turned down. The sources noted that Musk has not yet agreed, and that he fears such actions could escalate the crisis. The report was carried by Odaily citing CCTV News.

SpaceX founder Musk has refused to allow Ukraine's military to use Starlink, the company's satellite internet system, for strikes on targets inside Russia, according to a report carried by CCTV News.

U.S. sources said Musk made his position clear on Aug. 7, and that former Ukrainian defense minister Fedorov, who had been pushing for Starlink to be used against targets in Russia and tried to reach Musk through private channels, was rebuffed. "So far, he has not agreed," one source said.

Musk is said to be concerned that such strikes could escalate the crisis further.

This article was originally published by Bit.Fan. For more cryptocurrency news and market insights, visit www.bit.fan.
790

Disclaimer:

The market information, project data, and third-party content displayed on this platform are for industry information sharing only and do not constitute any form of investment advice or return commitment.

Cryptocurrency trading carries high risks. Users should fully assess their risk tolerance and make independent decisions. All profits, losses, and legal responsibilities are borne by the users themselves.