U.S. President Donald Trump said on July 31 that a “historic agreement” had been reached by what he described as a peace committee, under which Hamas and all armed groups in Gaza would fully disarm. He said the deal would mark a key step toward Gaza being governed by a new Palestinian government that would work closely with the peace committee and assist the Palestinian people. Trump also said Israel would receive security guarantees and that Gaza would no longer serve as a base for what he called terrorist attacks. According to his statement, the agreement would move forward in carefully designed phases. Once disarmament is completed, Israeli forces would withdraw, while an international stabilization force and a new Palestinian police force would work together to maintain security for Gaza’s residents and neighboring countries. Trump added that historic progress had been made, while noting that more work remains.
BlockBeats reported on July 31 that U.S. President Donald Trump said on social media that a “historic agreement” had been reached by a peace committee to fully disarm Hamas and all armed groups in Gaza.
Trump said the agreement would be an important step toward Gaza ultimately being governed by a new Palestinian government. He said that government would work closely with the peace committee to help the Palestinian people. At the same time, he said, Israel would receive the security guarantees it deserves, and Gaza would no longer be used as a base for what he described as “terrorist attacks.”
Trump also called the agreement a major milestone in the implementation of his 20-point plan. He said the deal would move ahead in carefully designed phases.
According to Trump, Israeli troops would withdraw as disarmament is completed. An international stabilization force would then work alongside a new Palestinian police force to ensure security in Gaza for local residents and neighboring countries.
He added that historic progress had been made, while saying there was still much work to do.
This article was originally published by Bit.Fan. For more cryptocurrency news and market insights, visit www.bit.fan. Disclaimer:
The market information, project data, and third-party content displayed on this platform are for industry information sharing only and do not constitute any form of investment advice or return commitment.
Cryptocurrency trading carries high risks. Users should fully assess their risk tolerance and make independent decisions. All profits, losses, and legal responsibilities are borne by the users themselves.