U.S. officials say no new Iran talks are currently planned

U.S. officials say no new Iran talks are currently planned

N
News Editor
2026-08-03 16:41:43
U.S. officials currently have no plans to hold a new round of talks with Iran, according to CBS, which cited American officials. The update contrasts with an earlier statement by Donald Trump, who had said negotiations with Iran would begin on Monday afternoon local time. The report said the contact that is still taking place involves Middle East envoy Witkoff, Kushner and the U.S. negotiating team, which remain in ongoing discussions with the Iranian side through mediators. No new direct talks are currently scheduled, based on the officials cited by CBS. The item was carried by Odaily and attributed to CBS and Jin10.

U.S. officials currently have no plans to hold a new round of talks with Iran, according to CBS, which cited American officials.

The report said that although Donald Trump had previously stated that negotiations with Iran would begin on Monday afternoon local time, no new talks are now planned.

Only Middle East envoy Witkoff, Kushner and the U.S. negotiating team are continuing talks with the Iranian team through mediators, the report said.

This article was originally published by Bit.Fan. For more cryptocurrency news and market insights, visit www.bit.fan.
570

Disclaimer:

The market information, project data, and third-party content displayed on this platform are for industry information sharing only and do not constitute any form of investment advice or return commitment.

Cryptocurrency trading carries high risks. Users should fully assess their risk tolerance and make independent decisions. All profits, losses, and legal responsibilities are borne by the users themselves.